Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Final Exam

I'm back to writing after getting finished with the Coaching Principles text. I took the final exam last night, and I scored 97%. I was surprised and pleased with the score.

As an adult learner, I get a bit paranoid about tests. In this case, I needed to score at least a 90% to be eligible to become an instructor for ASEP. That created some additional pressure as I made my way through the 100-question exam.

The test is well written and well organized. There are 4-6 questions for each of the 20 units, with half multiple choice and half true/false. I spent about 90 minutes on the test, which might have been too long, but I wanted to make sure I understood each question and the answers I was choosing.

The next step toward becoming an instructor is ordering the teaching materials (lesson plans, text, and DVD) and then going through an orientation. Hopefully, I'll be ready to start teaching the course in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment